Nutella-Stuffed Brown Butter Cookies
October 31, 2012 § Leave a comment
These really are totally indulgent and involve browned butter, three types of chocolate chips and nutella are are totally delicious. I highly recommend them.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup each dark, milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chilled Nutella
1) Brown your butter! Put it in a sauce pan over medium-low heat and let it melt. Stir occasionally. It’ll start to turn brown and smell nutty after about 10 or so minutes. Once it’s brown, take off heat a let cool.
2) Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt in a medium bowl.
3) Using an electric mixer or kitchen-aid, blend the brown butter and sugars until combined. Add in egg and egg yolk, vanilla and greek yogurt. Slowly add the dry ingredients until mixed. Finally, fold in the chocolate chip cookies.
4) Once dough is ready, let it chill in the refrigerator for two hours.
5) After a few hours, preheat your oven to 350. Take dough and nutella out of the fridge. Now comes the messy part. Take about a tablespoon of dough and form into slightly flattened disk (see pictures below). Put a dollop of Nutella in the center of that. Since it’s chilled it should hold it’s form. Take about 1/2 tbsp of dough and flatten over the Nutella. Then place on cookie sheet.
6) Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. I let these cook for a little longer than I may let other cookies get so they’re not falling apart when you take them off the cookie sheet. Enjoy!