Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Sweet Potatoes and Bacon
March 28, 2013 §
Honestly, I haven’t been cooking very much lately you guys. My life was sort of consumed with studying for my test. Now that it’s done I’m ready to get back in the groove. One thing I did manage to cook awhile ago was this side dish.
I actually ate this for dinner two nights in a row, rather than as a side dish. Bottom line the bacon makes this dish. Of course. What isn’t made better with bacon? Nothing.
Anyway, you also have brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes combine with simple ingredients (just a little olive oil, S&P). When you start with good things you don’t need to add much. Make this for yourself for dinner or as a fantastic addition to a huge dinner with friends. I do recommend eating this within a day or two. Enjoy!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potatoes and Bacon
- 2-3 lbs fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 big sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 slices bacon
1) Preheat oven to 400*. On large rimmed baking sheet spread sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts. Drizzle liberally with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Toss to coat.
2) Bake vegetables for 25-30 minutes, tossing once while baking. Sweet potatoes should be soft enough to pierce with a fork but not too mushy.
3) While those roast, cook the bacon, more on the crispy side. Remove from pan, remove oil with paper towels. When cool enough to handle break into bite sized pieces. When vegetables are done, sprinkle bacon on top and serve. Enjoy!