One Pot Pasta
June 27, 2013 § Leave a comment
I did this with this one pot pasta recipe. I made it at about 3 in the afternoon just so I would have some for work this weekend and ended up eating a whole bowl of pasta in the middle of the day. Second lunch? First dinner? Yep, it was that good.
This is a super simple meal. Solid ingredients that come together to make really tasty, salty pasta with lots of veggies. And you only get your cutting board and one pot dirty. Win-win-win.
You layer your pasta, a can of diced tomatoes and a sweet onion into a pan. Part of the magic of this is that you use broth to cook the noodles instead of water. I used some homemade vegetable broth but you could use chicken broth too. Finally, add the spices. Let it boil and cook until all the liquid evaporates and you’ve got a meal. Feel free to eat it in the middle of the afternoon, or the next day if it lasts.
- 1 box of whole wheat linguine
- 1, 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut into pieces
- 1 large bunch of basil, ripped into pieces
- 2 tsp diced garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp dried oregano (or fresh if you have it)
- 1 tsp 21 seasoning salute (from Trader Joes)
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 box cherry tomatoes
- parmesan cheese