Nutella Rice Krispies
September 23, 2013 § Leave a comment
Nutella rice krispies? I know what you’re thinking. Either a) that’s amazing b) that’s madness or c) rice krispies are lame. If you think rice krispies are lame I’m not sure why you’re reading my blog to begin with, but that’s okay. We can just move on and you can make these and then get over your rice krispie hatred. My initial thoughts were a combination of a&b so I made these about two days after I first heard of them (usually I pin something and then remember I pinned in 3 months later and then make it, which I why you may see pumpkin stuff here in February). Back to the krispies – I had to give away half of them so I wouldn’t finish the pan by myself that afternoon.
Anyway, to make the magic happen we combine butter and marshmallows over low heat and stir stir stir. When they’re good and melty, mix in a cup of nutella. Don’t skimp. I did and things can get a little too crumbly. Then stir this into a giant amount of rice krispie cereal (off brand is cool!) and press into a well greased pan. Don’t skimp on pan grease either. Finally we make an awesome topping. Choco chips, more nutella (!!) and coconut oil. Melt, spread on top, chill and you are in business. ENJOY and SHARE! (from Chef-In-Training)Ingredients
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 1, 10 oz bag marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1) In a small sauce pan, over low-med heat combine marshmallows and butter. Stir often until the marshmallows are melted and well combined with butter. Remove from heat and stir in Nutella.
2) Measure rice cereal into a large bowl, pour in mallow mixture and stir.
3) Grease 9×13 inch pan. Pour in rice krispie mixture and press down well using clean hands. Set aside.
4) To make topping: using small sauce pan melt chocolate chips, Nutella and coconut oil together. When mixture is smooth pour over rice krispies, spreading to even it with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for several hours. Cut using a sharp knife and enjoy!