Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
October 25, 2013 § Leave a comment
Sometimes Fridays call for a long leisurely lunch reading a book and picking melted cheese off your plate. I wish that was every Friday, but reality says its not. Work, errands, meetings, kids all prevent that from happening. But that’s okay and I hope you have time this weekend to do it instead.
When you’re making a grilled cheese I think a good bread is important. If you’ve got some time or are going to make the sandwich this weekend make this no-knead bread tonight. Or just use whatever you have. I’m feeling very easy-going today, can you tell?
Next, add what you have. My recommendations? Spinach, sharp cheddar cheese, shredded parmesan, prosciutto, granny smith apples and some mayo and mustard. Stack it all together, spread butter on the outside of the sandwich and throw it on a pan. Cook it low and slow. Let it get that nice brown crunchyness on the outside and let the cheese get all oogey gooey. Then you’re ready to go. Enjoy!
- 2 slices thick, crusty bread
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1/8 cup shredded parmesan
- sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 pieces of prosciutto
- thinly sliced granny smith apple
- mayo & mustard
1) Spread mayonnaise and mustard on both sides of the bread. Layer on ingredients starting with parmesan cheese, spinach, prosciuitto, apple and cheddar cheese. Put on top slice of bread.
2) Spread butter on outside pieces of bread. Cook over medium-low heat until cheese is melted and bread is browned. Turn once when first side is done. Remove from heat and eat while still warm. Enjoy!