Acorn Squash Salad

November 21, 2013 § 1 Comment

I don’t like 75% of salads. I love everything in salads except the lettuce/spinach/arugula. Basically that means I love the vegetables and other stuff in them so I’d prefer to just eat that. The other 25% of salads I’m obsessed with. This squash salad came together with a friend and our random ingredients. Since then I’ve re-made it four times. Might be a record for me. It combines the best of fall (acorn squash and apples) AND goat cheese! WIN. Make this for lunch or dinner. And I’ll be thinking of you while I eat another one.

Acorn Squash Salad

Ingredients

  • 1/4 acorn squash
  • 1-2 cups spinach, washed
  • 1/2 an apple
  • 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
  • For dressing: 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp dijon mustard, S&P

To Make:

1) Roast acorn squash in oven first. Pre-heat oven to 425. Cut acorn squash in half, scoop out seeds. Spread a little olive oil and salt and pepper on squash, place on baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes or until fork pierces easily. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
2) To make salad, cut acorn squash and apple into bite sized pieces. Place spinach on plate, top with squash, apple and goat cheese.
3) In a small jar, mix apple cider vinegar, olive oil and mustard. And salt and pepper to taste. Pour onto salad. Enjoy!

Advertisements

Tagged: , ,

§ One Response to Acorn Squash Salad

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

What’s this?

You are currently reading Acorn Squash Salad at Notes from the corner.

meta

%d bloggers like this: